Socially conscious leaders, who live purposefully, are the role models we need.
Naomi Simson is known as one of Australia's most prominent entrepreneurs and business leaders. Following the growth of Red Balloon and the experience economy, Naomi co-founded the Big Red Group (BRG) with business partner David Anderson in 2017. With the shared purpose to 'shift the way people experience life', BRG serves 'activities' to different audiences through its various marketplaces: RedBalloon, Adrenaline, Lime&Tonic, Redii.com. A proudly Australian owned and operated business its goal is to serve an experience sustainably every second by 2030.
With each experience delivered a small business in Australia or New Zealand is directly benefited. As a marketplace, its job is to curate and list exceptional activities and then send customers to the chosen partner with customer reviews keeping it focused on the quality of the experiences listed.
The experience economy is gathering momentum and BRG is on a journey to ensure that each experience is delivered sustainably and for the good of the broader community.
Naomi is a passionate supporter of Australian business, a prolific blogger and business commentator, and appeared as the #RedShark in four seasons of Shark Tank Australia.
A true business leader and influencer, with more than 2.9 million LinkedIn followers, Naomi is Australia’s most-followed person on the business networking platform. She has authored two best-selling books Live What You Love, and Ready to Soar, and is an engaging, humorous and insightful speaker.
Naomi is relatable across a broad variety of audiences and topics, often drawing on her personal experiences to provide thoughtful and valuable views into topics; including the future of work, purposeful leadership, entrepreneurship, personal development, customer obsession and sustainable, socially conscious business leadership.
Before founding RedBalloon, Naomi worked for big businesses including IBM, Apple, KPMG and Ansett Airlines - all of which influenced her passionate views on workplaces.
Naomi commenced her role at the University of Melbourne in 2017, as a member of the Faculty's Business and Economics Board, she is a governor of the Cerebral Palsy Research Foundation and is an advisor to several other not-for-profit institutions.
This presentation will touch, move and inspire. It is relevant to most groups and is all about making powerful choices to live a life that you love. “If you love what you do every day, you never have to work another day in your life.” This is about putting meaning in your work, discovering your passion, learning about positivity and sticking with it, and being persistent. This keynote is all about fulfilling your true purpose. Being an entrepreneur is not for everyone, but knowing what drives you will give you the platform for a rich and wonderful experience of life. Naomi will share real and vivid stories from her personal and business life to demonstrate the power of her personal motto, ‘If it is meant to be, it is up to me.’ The one word we consistently hear after this session is ‘inspirational’. You will be inspired to take action.
Live What You Love - Personal Development
Live What You Love - Personal Development
- Discover your passion -learn how to identify when you are in a flow and doing your best work.
- Take responsibility for what you want - not what others want for you. ‘If it’s meant to be it’s up to me,’ and choosing what is the one thing you need to work on.
- Play a bigger game - this does not mean tough times will disappear. As a result of this session you are likely to take on bigger challenges, and in turn, experience the joy of deep accomplishment and the resilience that you know you can count on.
In this colourful and inspiring keynote, Naomi explores the challenges faced by many businesses that are ever fearful of disruption. With retail closures being reported daily, Naomi spells out her approach to ‘protection from disruption,’ and speaks to the value chain each business must build.
Outlining her 12 point ‘to do list’ to stay at the leading edge, Naomi blends the tools available, including: big data, AI, omnichannel and personalised customer experience to create intimacy, relationships and ultimately growth. She asks the question “What job is your product being hired to do?” and “What can customers count on you for?”
This thought provoking presentation draws on cases studies from around the world and will leave audiences in no doubt that it is not all ‘gloom and doom’ in business - growth will come from building unbreakable customer relationships.
- Knowing what you stand for - getting customers to talk about you and how to tackle the tricky world of social media.
- How to set priorities to invest in scalable customer relationships.
- The customer obsession and using a framework as a scorecard to align everyone to the customer experience cause.
Entrepreneurship has a certain romance to it - but currently, it is far more about how you align people purposefully to a sustainable socially aware 'cause'. The world is changing, what is expected of leaders is far greater than it has ever been. In this session, Naomi shares what her enterprise did to evolve and stay focussed using community contribution as the guide. She shares her leadership beliefs which will be relevant to anyone wishing to influence others.
By aligning ‘the right team’ to a vision, a deep sense of engagement and purpose she accelerated her idea into something big - but she has not done this without many bumps in the road, and great people around her. During this keynote discussion, Naomi will share her experiences and insights on growth and capability, which are anchored around leadership, culture and the customer. She will finish the session by encouraging each participant to think about the ‘one thing’… that, if you worked on it, would make your experience of business easier each day.
- There are three elements to purposeful leadership - growth, customers, and people. Balancing commercial needs with social responsibility and finding harmony in profit for purpose.
- Learn about the drivers of growth - what they look like and how you can implement them in your business. You will understand what you can do to drive purpose, alignment, and leadership throughout your business.
- Understand the concept of ‘community’ it is only a few years since an image of a turtle with a straw up its nose changed the world. That external forces and social media trends can impact a business overnight. Everyone now has a say in any business.
- It is the role your team plays that creates an innovative customer culture - speaking from experience, Naomi will show you how to replicate these ideas into your own business to maximise your market position whilst building a sustainable future. Naomi will deliver the leadership framework, identifying the six pillars that provide the roadmap for sustainable socially aware leadership.’
In this challenging keynote, Naomi explores how technology, AI and optionality are changing the face of workforces. How teams from remote areas, with many backgrounds can come together and create productive focused teams. This references research from around the world. If you were to search on the term ‘Future of Work’ in Google you will be bombarded with more than 6,330,000,000 data points.
Future of Work
Future of Work
Businesses (and government) across Australia, in every sector, are grappling with the pace of change both within organisations and across the broader community.
The workplace is changing, the definition of work is changing, how customers, employees and all stakeholders want to engage with organization is shifting rapidly too.
The challenge for leadership is to navigate all this data to find the most relevant, authoritative and insightful information to bring not only the right strategic input to decision making but to be challenge norms, myths and beliefs which might be limiting not just the enterprise but Australia as a whole.
According to McKinsey, up to 5.1 million jobs will be affected by automation in Australia alone
- Knowing what you stand for The increasing nature of fluidity, mobility and optionality of ‘workers’ (what is known as the gig economy).
- Creating an employee framework Challenges facing remote, decentralized and project-based teams in building connection and trust when people may never meet. Yet the need for belonging and purposeful work will remain paramount
- Why People Work The motivation to participate, financial outcomes alone may not be enough - the impact of social and sustainability agendas
- Continued learning and improvement How do people learn effectively and adapt and transform into new technologies and business needs.
- Learn to identify the ‘One Thing’ With a sea of data and insights, what is the next step. Where to from here.
Naomi has been a trailblazer in the Experience Economy since the term was first invented. As the co-founder of the third largest experience market place in the world, she is well versed in what this truly means for business.
The definition of experience: “An event or occurrence that leaves an impression on someone.”
'Experiences' is a term used for everything from customer experience, to employee experience - it is used to denote the human element or emotional connection created.
Every business is impacted by the phenomenon of #AccessOverOwnership and the Experience Economy. Businesses need to shift from being in the transaction game (the right product in the right place at the right price) to being in the experience game. Naomi urges audiences to consider whether they offer an experience that will engage, entertain, build trust and create an emotional connection with their business.
Referring to the Experience Economy White Paper, Naomi maintains that the experience economy is also the ‘sharing’ economy. In this talk, she will address what this means for business. We live in a world of ‘social proof’ where experiences are widely recorded and shared.
· What is the Experience Economy - Consider the impact of access over ownership - and building emotional connection through experiences.
· White Paper - Every participant will gain access to download the full 32 page research study.
· The Millennial Experience - Understanding that millennials are the largest customer and employee cohort in history and that, for them, it’s all about experience.
Why Choose Naomi Simson?
- Naomi Simson is an award-winning entrepreneur, best selling author, judge on Channel Ten's 'Shark Tank' and the most followed Australian on LinkedIn.
- Naomi is a global thought leader and pioneer of the Experience Economy and online marketplaces, having founded RedBalloon in 2001.
- Naomi is passionate, inspiring and determined – a colorful speaker with rich and vivid stories – she challenges audiences to think differently and is one of Australia’s most sought-after speakers.
Naomi Simson | IntroductionNaomi Simson is an entrepreneur, Shark on Shark Tank Australia, serial investor, founder of Australian tech success story RedBalloon and co-founder of The Big Red Group. Naomi is also a prolific keynote speaker, blogger, bestselling author and LinkedIn Influencer, being the 7th most followed woman on LinkedIn with over 2 million followers.
The Experience Economy: Riding a rising tideExperiences have become the new competitive battleground of retail. Learn why experiences are being valued over ‘things’, and how Millennials are driving this progression of economic value. As one of Australia’s most prominent entrepreneurs, Naomi Simson is the co-founder of the Big Red Group. BRG houses a number of brands including RedBalloon, Adrenaline, Lime&Tonic, Albert AI (Marketics) and Redii.com with the purpose of shifting the way people experience life. Having founded RedBalloon in 2001, Naomi is a pioneer of online marketplaces and the Experience Economy. RedBalloon is one of Australia’s great entrepreneurial success stories with Hitwise identifying the business as the third largest experience marketplace in the world. Naomi is passionate, inspiring and determined - a colourful speaker with rich and vivid stories - she challenges audiences to think differently and is one of Australia’s most sought-after speakers.
Naomi Simson launched our REIV Breakfast Club series. Naomi is a passionate speaker with a clear message about experiences. Experiences that occur with your brand, your people & your custome ... keep readingrs. Naomi shared with us her story and along the way got the room to understand key messages around how are people were experiencing their brand and service, that clients want dialogue and interactions and that marketing is a way of being. No one can have the greatest business in the world without the greatest people and how your employees speak about you is how your brand is perceived. In this current tight labour market Naomi’s message was a key one for all managers and business owners. As she says in her book happy people = happy customers = happy profits. Real Estate Services REIV
There was so much about Naomi's session that really resonated. Naomi's authenticity and her lessons around the importance of engaging and empowering our people, listening to our customers, knowing yourself and the role of leadership were all talked about for the remaining days of our conference. It was such a great talk around the importance of vision and values and the feedback I got afterwards from the team was overwhelmingly positive. We loved all of it and are very fortunate to have had Naomi at our session.
In a sea of potential presenters, Naomi Simson is one of the best there is. During her keynote she created considerable interest with RedBalloon and other examples, but also demonstrated a deep knowledge of business, people and organisational issues that people at management level related to and were able to learn from. There was an overwhelming sense of warmth and satisfaction after the events, much of it based on Naomi being a living example of what she preaches and putting it within reach of others.
Animated, dynamic, amusing ... Naomi personifies RedBalloon's culture. At a Hudson Human Resources celebration, Naomi's candid insights, self-deprecating humour and unapologetic passion for her business kept the audience engaged, entertained and challenged to think differently. I highly recommend Naomi as an inspirational speaker.
Naomi was a dynamic, energetic and passionate speaker. She presented powerful and clear messages that not only resonated because they were personal accounts, but also provided a refreshing and honest viewpoint. It was also incredibly exciting to see a female all-rounder who has persevered and achieved such amazing success. Naomi was easy to work with, not demanding at all, and is definitely someone we would love to have join us again.
Let's talk, enquire with Courtney now
VP - Talent & Partner Relations
Let's talk, enquire with Courtney now
VP - Talent & Partner Relations